What is the role
As a principal software designer for BITCADET you’ll be driving the digital future of manufacturing. You’ll be there for the whole process: from fostering relationships with clients and helping them understand what design works best for their capabilities, to translating this to teams of digital designers you’ll be leading and helping them deliver awe-inspiring moments.
Working side-by-side with consults, you’ll help clients and cohorts see the possibilities of proven and emerging software design.
What to expect
This job is predominantly remote, with visits to client sites. You will be working with cross-functional international digital design teams and using current software to guide your project and team through the process. You will be hosting meetings regularly and maintaining the expectations of many parties.
You’ll also be:
- Working to gain additional contracts
- Assessing post-project success
- Maintaining knowledge on current digital trends and opportunities
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Communicating the process of designing and delivering software products to clients
- Working with non-technical team members and clients in a way that’s accessible, credible, and inspiring
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software design
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Strong understanding of databases, storage and distributed persistence technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
- Experience leading teams
- Strong storytelling capabilities
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure
BITCADET was founded on our dedication to both clients and employees. We are a progressive digital consulting company offering people what they really want in their jobs – complex problems coupled with interesting solutions, collaborative in-person and digital learning environments, a dedication towards autonomy with a focus on client satisfaction, and the promise to always keep it interesting. We seek to not just employ people, but to encourage them to grow through their work with us.
Our clients are industry leaders in manufacturing. We’re helping them digitize their processes, bringing them closer to their customers with more efficiency, and better outcomes. We help them solve problems they never thought possible.
What we value
At BITCADET, we place a premium on diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe the best results are achieved through collaborative approaches from people of a variety backgrounds. We value people who know how to both work on a team and show results.
How to apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for BITCADET.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BITCADET is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.